Global Perspectives, Global Careers: Stanford Fair for Community College Students
Saturday, April 24, 2021, 10:00 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Virtual event on Zoom
Free and open to all community college students by application
This day-long event is designed for community college students who are interested in global studies and/or global careers. The event will consist of workshops and presentations facilitated by Stanford faculty and scholars.
- Explore global topics and consider career paths in academia, business, government, public policy, tech, and more!
- Hear from leading Stanford faculty on topics including international law, business and technology, environmental studies, and government and international affairs.
- Attend a panel featuring global studies students who have successfully transferred from a community college to a four-year institution in California.
- Learn about the benefits of studying abroad and adding a global perspective to your studies.
To be selected to attend this event, you are required to complete an application form by Friday, March 26, 2021. You will be notified of your enrollment status by Friday, April 9, 2021.
All students who are selected to attend will be required to complete a Zoom registration.
Students must attend the event all day. Attendees will receive a certificate of participation.
10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. | Introduction & Keynote Address
11:10 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. | Concurrent Faculty Seminars
- Business & Technology: Saumitra Jha, Associate Professor of Political Economy, Stanford Graduate School of Business
- Environmental Science: Rodolfo Dirzo, Professor in Environmental Science, Department of Biology, Stanford University
- Government & International Affairs: Rose Gottemoeller, Payne Distinguished Lecturer at the Center for International Security and Cooperation, Stanford University; Deputy Secretary General of NATO (2016-2019)
- International Law: Allen S. Weiner, Senior Lecturer in Law and Director of Stanford Program in International and Comparative Law, Stanford Law School
12:15 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. | Lunch Break
1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. | "Design Your Global Career" Workshop
2:45 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. | Student Panel: Transfer Students and Studying Abroad