Host Organization: Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (Skoltech)
Established in 2011 in collaboration with MIT as a private educational institute, Skoltech is cultivating a new generation of researchers and entrepreneurs, promotes advanced scientific knowledge and fosters innovative technology. Although Skoltech is a postgraduate university it offers research internships for undergraduate students from the US and Europe. It’s the only University in Russia where English is the primary language of communication.
Internship Department: Skoltech Global Campus
Department Profile: It’s a recently established department whose primary objective is to find and provide research internship opportunities to international students.
Interns are admitted to one of the numerous Skoltech research centers or labs, which corresponds to their university major and academic interests. They usually join a concrete research project and work together with local Masters’ and PhD students on the tasks identified by the head researcher. The students might co-author the publications that present the results of the project. See the full list of labs here: https://www.skoltech.ru/research/en
In addition, Skoltech will provide the following:
- Visa invitation letter
- Transfer from the airport upon arrival
- Russian language course
- Cultural program
- Courses auditing (all courses are held in English)
- 24/7 support from Skoltech Office
Skoltech has waived the program fee $4,950 for the Stanford students in our program. Stanford Global Studies will award the selected intern $2,000 to cover airfare and other expenses.
Number of Opening(s): 2 or 3
Work Hours and Internship Start/End Dates: (Monday to Friday, June
22 –August 14, 2020): 7-8 hours in a day, five days a week.
Work Attire: Casual
Local Language: Russian
Local Language Level Needed: Not required. Language classes are offered.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled freshmen, sophomores, juniors, seniors, and coterms who are undergraduates in all majors, including undeclared. Coterm students must still have undergraduate status.
- Applicants must be current Stanford students during the internship period. Seniors must postpone graduation paperwork until the internship ends, but may participate in commencement. For summer graduation requirements, including details regarding enrollment requirements and information about participation in the June commencement ceremonies, students should contact their major department's student services office and Registrar's Office for graduation quarter petition.
- Preferably, before beginning their internships, selected candidates should have taken at least one course regarding the internship region. The course can be taken in the spring quarter.
For more internship positions provided by the Stanford Global Studies Internship Program, please see our internship listing.
For more information, please see Eligibility and Stipend.