Host Organization: Renew Europe Group- European Parliament (EP)
Organization Profile: The Renew Europe Group is the faction of liberal Members of the European Parliament (MEPs). Together with its liberal member parties across the European continent it seeks to translate the principle of freedom into politics, economics and all other areas of society.
Work description: Interns will work on one or more policy-related projects to assist the Renew Europe MEPs on issues that will be considered by the EP at the time of their internships. The interns will be stationed at the EP in Brussels, but will have the opportunity to travel to Strasbourg during the week that it will be holding its July plenary session there.
Number of Opening(s): 2
Work Hours and Internship Start/End Dates: (Monday to Friday, June
8 –July 17 , 2020): Full time/Five days a week/ 6 consecutive weeks
Work Attire: Smart casual, and smarter when you have a meeting
Local Language: French, Dutch. The working language is English.
Local Language needed: Not required
- The applicant must currently be an enrolled undergraduate at Stanford and in good standing.
- The applicant cannot have their undergraduate degree conferred before the completion of this internship. In other words, graduating seniors are ineligible. The exception to this is the conterminal student.
- Seniors who will be returning to coterm for all of next year are eligible to apply.
- Global Studies minors in European Studies will receive preference for these Belgium-based internships.
- The applicant can apply to all positions in Belgium.
- You MUST apply from your first-choice position, so the application form can match your choice.
- If you select a position you MUST write a statement. Otherwise, your choice will not be considered.
For more internship positions provided by the Stanford Global Studies Internship Program, please see our internship listing.
For more information, please see Eligibility and Stipend.