Host Organization: NGO `Global Office`
Global Office is a non-governmental organization that currently employs 14 people. Global Office’s goal is to promote informational, political, economic, cultural and social integration of Ukraine into the global community, as well as internal integration through its main projects: GoCamp and GoxChange.
GoCamp is a program of free language camps throughout Ukraine with volunteers from all over the world who motivate children to learn foreign languages though project-based learning, gamification, and immersion in a multicultural environment. Camps are already attended by 160,000 children and 1012 volunteers from 72 countries. Global Office also trains teachers and volunteers to develop camp programmes for students on leadership, creativity, social entrepreneurship, critical thinking and democracy.
GoxChange is a project that aims at internal integration. Students from all over Ukraine come to Ukrainian cities for a week to break negative stereotypes and learn the basics of project management at the same time, attend meetings with local activists, governmental structures and businesses, excursions around the city from local residents, and create projects description that can help this city to develop.
Global office projects are supported by the Ministry of Education and Science, Ministry of Youth and Sports, British Council and RELO Office of U.S. Embassy in Ukraine.
Internship Department: Department of foreign volunteers coordination
Department Profile: Department consists of 6 managers who provide support service and mentorship for volunteers and interns
Interns will be involved in the GoCamp project. The GoCamp internship program is a school summer camp experience that equips students for their future career. This is an excellent leadership and resume-building opportunity for students who love working with children.
During the program the interns will do an EFL methodology training during the orientation before the camps. At camps the students will work on creating a practical handbook on camp methodology (including a selection of games, ice-breaker, and other activities used at GoCamps) and tips for foreign volunteers. Intern will go through all the stages of GoCamp: recruiting and interviews with applicants, training volunteers on project methodology of ESL teaching, and the project implementation at school.
- In a camp interns will have:
1) Accommodation in a host family and local SIM-cards with data
2) Meals at least 2 times a day
3) Transfer to the host community and back
4) Personal manager support, visa support and a hotline 24/7
5) Preoperational training
- In-between camps you will have:
1) Working space in the office
2) Help and support of the Global Office team
3) Access to project internal information
Number of Opening(s): 2
Work Hours and Internship Start/End Dates: (Monday to Friday, June
22 –August 14, 2020): Full time/Five days a week
Work Attire: Casual
Type of housing:
- Accommodation in host families is available during camps.
- In-between camps there will be no housing
Additional desired intern qualifications:
- English language proficiency
- Experience in volunteering or teaching
- Interest in developing educational programs
- Desire to find out more about intercultural learning
- Applicants must be currently enrolled freshmen, sophomores, juniors, seniors, and coterms who are undergraduates in all majors, including undeclared. Coterm students must still have undergraduate status.
- Applicants must be current Stanford students during the internship period. Seniors must postpone graduation paperwork until the internship ends, but may participate in commencement. For summer graduation requirements, including details regarding enrollment requirements and information about participation in the June commencement ceremonies, students should contact their major department's student services office and Registrar's Office for graduation quarter petition.
- Preferably, before beginning their internships, selected candidates should have taken at least one course regarding the internship region. The course can be taken in the spring quarter.
For more internship positions provided by the Stanford Global Studies Internship Program, please see our internship listing.
For more information, please see Eligibility and Stipend.