Mitsubishi Research Institute, Inc.
Mitsubishi Research Institute (MRI) assists our clients in developing comprehensive solutions to meet their diverse needs by integrating our think-tank functions and consulting/IT solution services. Facilitating partnerships with our clients, we contribute to the sustainable development of business and local communities, and ultimately to the entire society for brighter future.
We offer a wide variety of research fields as follows:
- Regional Revitalization - Regional development strategy, Industry strategy, Renewable energy
- Next-Generation Infrastructure - Smart infrastructure (smart mobility etc.), Infrastructure management and operation
- Healthcare and Wellness - Healthcare & wellness industry (includes sports, employment), Healthcare data strategy
- Environment and Energy - Sustainability strategy, Low-Carbon solutions, Environmental business, Smart energy, Energy systems strategy, Power industry business development
- Science and Safety - Frontier (space, ocean etc.) strategy, Societal risk (disasters, climate change etc.), Risk management, Innovation, Policy of higher education, Policy of science and technology
- Social ICT, ICT Innovation - ICT for government and local government, ICT for private company, ICT and media strategy, Cybersecurity
- Management Consulting - Management strategy, Business strategy, Organizational and functional strategy
- Financial Innovation - Financial technology, strategy, engineering
- Policy and Macroeconomics - Macroeconomics, Country Analysis
- Platinum Society - Social security, Aging society building
- Open Innovation - Platform for open innovation
- Advanced Technology - Research on AI.
This is a research-oriented internship including bibliographic survey, case research, document preparation, etc.
Five days a week, July 9 to August 30, 2019.
*MRI’s summer vacation: August 9 - 20
Work hours: 9:00 a.m. -5:15 p.m.
Attire suitable for business (ex; suit, polo shirt, open-necked shirt etc.)
Local language level needed:
Basic reading, writing, and speaking (one-year level at Stanford)
For more internship positions provided by the Stanford Global Studies Internship Program, please see our internship listing. Each applicant can apply for a maximum of two program-arranged positions. If you apply more than two positions, we will only accept the first two applications based on the time of your submission.
For more information, please see Eligibility and Stipend.
Undergraduate students including coterms in ALL majors and MA students in CEAS.