Host Organization: LICOS
Organization Profile: LICOS Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance is a research center at the University of Leuven. Since its foundation in 1991 research at LICOS has focused on theoretical and empirical research of micro- and macro-economic aspects of transition, institutional changes and economic performance across the world.
Work description: Interns will work on one or more policy-related research projects. The research questions will be mostly economic in nature and will focus on European Union policies. The work will be done at LICOS in Leuven (a 20-minute train ride from Brussels).
Number of Opening(s): 1
Work Hours and Internship Start/End Dates: (Monday to Friday, June
15 –September 11, 2020): Full time/Five days a week (6 Consecutive weeks with some flexibility to adjust this to work with the intern‘s summer schedule)
Work Attire: Smart casual, and smarter when you have a meeting
Local Language: French and Dutch, but the working language at LICOS is English
Local Language needed: Not required
Additional desired intern qualifications: Must have taken economics classes, if not majored in economics. Excel skills are essential; an understanding of econometrics is useful.
- The applicant must currently be an enrolled undergraduate at Stanford and in good standing.
- The applicant cannot have their undergraduate degree conferred before the completion of this internship. In other words, graduating seniors are ineligible. The exception to this is the conterminal student.
- Seniors who will be returning to coterm for all of next year are eligible to apply.
- Global Studies minors in European Studies will receive preference for these Belgium-based internships.
- The applicant can apply to all positions in Belgium.
- You MUST apply from your first-choice position, so the application form can match your choice.
- If you select a position you MUST write a statement. Otherwise, your choice will not be considered.
For more internship positions provided by the Stanford Global Studies Internship Program, please see our internship listing.
For more information, please see Eligibility and Stipend.