Host Organization: Intumit
- About 130 employees
- Industry: IT and Internet-related – Including but not limited to Big Data Analysis, Natural Language Processing, Conversational AI, Knowledge Management, …)
- Intumit is a leading AI Solution Provider in Taiwan with over 550 enterprise customers in East Asia and owning 80% market share in financial industry here in Taiwan.
City: Xindian District, New Taipei City
Internship format: Virtual/remote OR in-person (This option is pending university policy.)
Internship Department: Overseas Business Department - In charge of business development for overseas market including Japan, ASEAN, Europe, and US
Work description: The intern may expect to perform brainstorming, coming up with new ideas, and enhancement opportunities into Conversational AI (Chatbot/Virtual Customer Assistant). The tasks and involvement will include critical thinking, analyzing technologies, understanding of existing system platforms and its possible integration capabilities, and general understanding of Conversation AI. *Subject content may change
Number of Opening(s): 2-3 Spring or Summer
Work Hours and Internship Start/End Dates: Five days a week, April 12 to June 4, 2021 or/and June 21 – August 13, 2021. *Detailed day-to-day schedule and hours will be adjusted to fit with time zone differences and the work/assignment contents throughout the internship period
Work Attire: Casual
Local Language: Mandarin or Taiwanese
Not required: Local language is not required
Additional desired intern qualifications:
- Understanding of AI is a plus but not a necessity
- Looking for eager worker, likes challenges, and active in discussions
- Has and understands standard business ethics and work ethic
- Internship duration must be at least 8 weeks full-time (35+ hours/week) in a non-academic quarter (Flex Term).
- Students must have been enrolled in classes for two quarters before they are eligible to participate in full-time Stanford-funded opportunities during a Flex Term. Therefore, these types of opportunities will only be available in Spring and Summer Quarter.
- Students must have completed two full-time enrolled quarters this academic year by the time their internship opportunity begins, but these quarters do not have to be consecutive.
- Students can only participate in the program by taking a Flex Term during the internship experience.
- Students are not eligible to participate in the Program while on a Leave of Absence (Please review this video for an explanation of a Flex Term vs. a Leave of Absence and consult this page for a planning tool for your Term Options).
- International students must consult with Bechtel before attempting to take a Flex Term without previous three quarters of full-time enrollment.
- A student may not be funded for more than one full time project in the 2020-21 academic year.
- This position is open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, seniors, and coterms who are undergraduates in all majors, including undeclared. Coterm students must still have undergraduate status.
- Participants must be current Stanford students during the internship period. Seniors must postpone graduation paperwork until the internship ends, but may participate in commencement. For summer graduation requirements, including details regarding enrollment requirements and information about participation in the June commencement ceremonies, students should contact their major department's student services office and Registrar's Office for graduation quarter petition.
- Preferably, before beginning their internships, selected candidates should have taken at least one course regarding the internship region. The course can be taken in the quarter prior to the internship.
For more internship positions provided by the Stanford Global Studies Internship Program, please see our internship listing.
Each applicant can apply for a maximum of two program-arranged positions. If you apply more than two positions, we will only accept the first two applications based on the time of your submission.
For more information, please see Eligibility and Stipend.