The Stanford Global Studies Division (SGS) provides the following grants to support research abroad, language training or other activities for students enrolled in SGS master's programs:
Global Perspectives Awards
These grants are made possible by the generous support of Mr. Dapeng Zhu and Ms. Xiao Liu.
Currently enrolled and incoming students in the following SGS master's programs:
- East Asian Studies
- Latin American Studies
- Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies
- Activities must occur and funding must be used during the winter break or spring break.
- Students must be enrolled during the grant period.
- Awards are not intended for internships. However, applications for research-specific internships will be considered.
- Applications to present original papers at an appropriate conference will be considered.
- The funds are designed primarily for students who have not received financial support from other sources for their projects.
- Students traveling abroad must register their trip at oia.stanford.edu.
- Awardees are asked to submit a short report with images after their trip.
- Awards range from $500 to $4000.
Required application materials:
- A one-page description of the proposed activity that includes a rationale for how it supplements the student’s research.
- A detailed budget outlining expected costs and funding sources.
- Enrolled students must provide the name of one Stanford faculty member to serve as a reference.
*By completing the below application form, you can apply simultaneously for both the Hassan & Heikkila and the Global Perspectives awards. Please check the relevant box in the form if you would like your application to be considered for both awards.
The application for 2020-21 will open in September 2020.