The Stanford Global Studies Division (SGS) provides the following grants to support research abroad, language training or other activities for students enrolled in SGS master's programs:
Global Perspectives Awards will be offered for non-travel research for the Spring and Summer 2021 quarters.
Global Perspectives Awards
These grants are made possible by the generous support of Mr. Dapeng Zhu and Ms. Xiao Liu.
Currently enrolled and incoming students in the following SGS master's programs:
- East Asian Studies
- Latin American Studies
- Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies
- Activities must occur and funding must be used during the Spring or Summer 2021 quarter.
- Students must be enrolled in courses and/or considered matriculated by the Registrar's Office during the grant period.
- Awards are not intended for internships. However, applications for research-specific internships will be considered.
- Applications to present original papers at an appropriate conference will be considered.
- The funds are designed primarily for students who have not received financial support from other sources for their projects.
- Awardees are asked to submit a short report with images after their trip.
- Awards range from $500 to $1000.
Required application materials:
- A one-page description of the proposed activity that includes a rationale for how it supplements the student’s research.
- A detailed budget outlining expected costs and funding sources.
- Enrolled students must provide the name of one Stanford faculty member to serve as a reference.
Applications are due by 11:59 p.m. (Pacific time) on March 5, 2021.