Call for Proposals
2022-23 Call for Proposals
Deadline: March 15, 2022
Global Research Workshops
Fostering the sharing of research across fields and national boundaries that advances our understanding of the world
Who May Apply
- Stanford Global Studies welcomes proposals from cross-disciplinary faculty groups from schools, departments, and programs within Stanford University.
- Graduate students are also welcome to participate under the guidance of faculty group leaders.
Interdisciplinary and Transregional
- Each workshop series should be centered around a theme that is interdisciplinary and transregional in nature.
- Speakers may be from Stanford, and we also strongly encourage the inclusion of scholars from across the globe.
- Teams will be asked to organize 9 workshops per year (3 per quarter), as well as to publicize events to the Stanford community and partner institutions.
- Each team is expected to submit a quarterly update on the outcomes of the workshops. The update should include photos so that SGS may publicize the program on its website and social media channels, and to external audiences.
- Each workshop will be offered via Zoom in AY23, and will be recorded and uploaded into an archive.
- Up to 4 grants will be awarded for the AY23 year, and there will be an annual Call for Proposals.
- Funds may be used to support workshop logistics, travel, and modest honoraria.
- Funds may be used to support a stipend for a graduate student coordinator.
- Funds are not to be used to support salaries.
- Financial activities will be managed by the PI's home department.
- We are accepting applications by March 15, 2022 for three quarters of support in AY23. Each team will receive $4,000 per quarter (a total of $12,000 per year). Successful applicants will have the possibility of renewal for their awards.
Applications are due March 15, 2022. Funded workshops will be notified via email no later than April 15, 2022.
If you have questions, please contact SGS executive director Katherine Kuhns at%20kkuhns [at] stanford.edu ( ).